This week was a great week to learn about leadership qualities. Not only did we study leadership in class this week but I also focused on leadership at work as part of the employee Leadership Academy. If you think about who the greatest leader of all time was most people begin to think about Jesus Christ. He was the perfect example of many things including leadership. He lead by example as shown when he said "come follow me". Nothing was below Christ, he showed this by washing his disciples feet, this simple act also showed how much he loved and cared for those who followed him. One of the things that was brought up was that Christ operated on fixed principles and because of this his leadership was consistent.
As leaders we need to be willing to put our pride to the side and be willing to help our employees and those we lead to really grow and get an opportunity to learn. We also need to be willing to listen to them and show them that we value and trust their opinions. Employees more than anything want to be heard and they want to feel valued. Leadership is how this happens. Through showing love and respect for those we lead we help them grow and develop and this allows are company to grow as well. I really enjoyed learning about leadership this week.
While I really enjoyed learning about leadership I really struggled with my $100 project this week. I launched my website, Facebook page and marketing campaign this week and nothing happened. I was sure that I would get a huge influx of people wanting to buy my product but that is not what happened, I had a ton of people visit my website and I only had 1 purchase. It is really frustrating because I feel like I have a great product to offer but it is not being viewed that way. I have asked a couple of people for suggestions on how to make my website better and I have shifted my focus from social media marketing (which I will continue to do) to talking to everyone I know about my business. I am printing business cards to hand out and I hope by networking and talking to people that I will be able to generate more sales.
No comments:
Post a Comment